Arconas is a Canadian-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high design, with unparalleled quality, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture, power, and waste solutions to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres, and universities.
We are now on a determined path to growth, leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for an experienced Account Manager.
The Account Manager is primarily responsible for specified airport accounts and is responsible for initiating, fostering, and securing a strong relationship with the customer and growing sales within their accounts. Accounts may also include non-aviation transportation hubs and other public spaces, as required.
This position will be best positioned for someone living in the US Northeast or Southwest, or for someone who could easily fly into either of these locations from their locale.
The Account Manager will report to the Director of Sales.
We are a privately-owned company that has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies since 2012.
- Actively promote and sell Arconas’ full range of products to designated accounts
- Accounts will be located in the USA
- Accountable to improve overall sales performance and maintaining strong relationships with key customers
- Use a systematic approach to reach airports, architects/designers, contractors, end users, etc.
- Work with the Director of Sales to develop a strategic business plan, identifying targets and measures in customer satisfaction, customer acquisition, expansion, and retention
- Develop targeted sales & marketing strategies to increase sales
- Fully learn and understand Arconas’ complete product line
- Respond to RFP Proposals & Tenders for airports and large transportation hubs with specified accounts, as required
- Support sales/production efforts create significant market share growth
- Utilize all aspects of account management, including cold calling, face-to-face selling skills, time and territory management, account development strategies, professional presentations, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and negotiating
- The ability to travel between Canada and the USA for meetings and conferences is mandatory
- Professionally represent Arconas at industry events and trade shows, in Canada & USA
- Minimum five years experience in an Account Manager role (knowledge of furniture or airport/transportation industry required)
- Post-secondary education in business or a related field
- Experienced in the complex and prolonged sales process
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is an asset
- Effective and strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to large project teams and senior-level management
- Strong command of MS Office suite (particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint), CRM Software, ERP software
- A positive, confident, self-motivated attitude, strong business drive, and a keen interest in building long-term customer relationships
- Assertiveness, perseverance, energy, and passion – results-oriented behavior required to be successful in a sales role
- Strong negotiation, relationship building, and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously, but also as part of a sales team
- Base salary plus a monthly commission
- Can be based anywhere within the continental USA
- Will work from their own home office, when not visiting clients
- Must be within a reasonable drive to a regional airport for travel to client visits
- Able to travel to our Mississauga, Ontario location for required meetings and training, on a regular basis
- Provide your expected base and total compensation within your cover letter or resume