Reporting directly to the Director of Sales (DS), the Account Manager is a pivotal part of the Arconas sales team. As the primary person responsible for specified airport accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for initiating, fostering, and securing a strong relationship with the customer and growing sales within their accounts. Accounts may also include non-aviation transportation hubs and other public spaces, as required.
STRATEGY & BUSINESS PROCESSES:
Develop, maintain and implement a specific sales plan for the accomplishment of objectives using Arconas’ management-defined sales processes. Monitor external factors to strategically prepare for and respond to customer needs.
- Actively promote and sell Arconas’ full range of products in designated accounts, in the USA
- Accounts will mainly be located in, but not limited to AL, FL, GA, KY, MS & TN.
- Accountable to improve overall sales performance and maintaining strong relationships with key customers
- Use a systematic approach to reach airports, architects/designers, contractors, end users, etc. Work with DS to develop a strategic business plan, identifying targets and measures in customer satisfaction, customer acquisition, expansion and retention
- Develop targeted sales & marketing strategies to increase sales
- Fully learn and understand Arconas’ complete product line.
- Respond to RFP Proposals & Tenders for airports and large transportation hubs with specified accounts, as required
- Support sales/production efforts create significant market share growth
- Utilize all aspects of account management, including cold calling, face-to-face selling skills, time and territory management, account development strategies, professional presentations, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and negotiating
- Ability to travel to the USA for meetings and conferences, is mandatory
- Professionally represent Arconas at industry events and trade shows, Canada & USA
- Minimum five years’ experience in an Account Manager role (knowledge of furniture, architectural products, airport/transportation or related industry an asset)
- Post-secondary education in business or a related field.
- Experienced in complex and prolonged sales process.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is an asset
- Effective and strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to large project teams and senior level management
- Strong command of MS Office suite (particularly Word & Excel), CRM Software, ERP software
- A positive, confident, self-motivated attitude, strong business drive, and a keen interest in building long-term customer relationships.
- Assertiveness, perseverance, energy and passion – results-oriented behavior required to be successful in a sales role. Strong negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously but also as part of a sales team.
Base salary plus a monthly commission.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Hours 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Matching RRSP Contribution Program.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what its like to work here and they will tell you……….
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note, the Company will conduct a criminal background check upon hire.**