Arconas is the leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance furniture for airports and passenger terminals in North America. Established in 1972 and based in Mississauga, we are dedicated to enhancing the passenger experience with our comprehensive suite of seating, power, waste, recycling, and counter solutions.
We have more than 400 installations in airports throughout the world, as well as transportation and cruise terminals, government offices, courthouses, healthcare centres, universities, and other public spaces.
We are a privately-owned company that has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 2013.
We are now on a determined path to growth leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for a detailed and self-directed Accounts Receivable Specialist.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will ensure accounting records are maintained on an accurate and timely basis. This will include, timely invoicing and ensuring Arconas’ payment policy is adhered to by our customers, and assigned ledger accounts reflect accurate/timely information. The Accounts Receivable position is a customer-facing position. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will also be an integral member of our ERP transition team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will review and report on Customer Order activity
- Responsible for the collection of required information and establishment of customer credit facility
- Responsible for creating customer deposit invoices and final billing invoices
- Monitors, reviews, and reports on Accounts Receivable aging report
- Interacts with customers and internal groups to resolve any customer account-related issues
- Responsible for the processing of any credit card payments
- Responsible for reconciling specific ledger accounts, as assigned by the Finance Director or Assistant Controller
- Calculates the monthly sales commission report, and provides this report to HR for payroll processing
- Calculates the monthly Independent Sales Representative and Designer royalties report and provides this report to Accounts Payable for cheque processing
- Maintains an Incoming Orders report
- Responsible for reviewing all outstanding accounts receivable balances daily
- Other duties, as assigned by the Finance Director or the Assistant Controller
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Degree or diploma in Business, Accounting, Finance
- Proficient in Word, and SharePoint
- Advanced abilities in Excel
- Strong soft skills as this is a customer-facing position
- Understanding of payments, accounting, and budgeting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strategic and mental agility and results-driven
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from colleagues and supervisors to improve results
- Working in an office environment or having a home office set up with appropriate internet connections to work efficiently
- Occasional plant environment work; during inventory counts
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced growth environment
- Ordinary office settings physical demands, sitting, and working on a computer for extended periods
- Ability to lift to 30 pounds
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your Resume and cover letter in a PDF format.