Arconas is the leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance furniture for airports and passenger terminals in North America. Established in 1972 and based in Mississauga, we are dedicated to enhancing the passenger experience with our comprehensive suite of seating, power, waste, recycling, and counter solutions.
We have more than 400 installations in airports throughout the world, as well as transportation and cruise terminals, government offices, courthouses, healthcare centres, universities, and other public spaces.
We are a privately-owned company that has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies since 2013.
We are now on a determined path to growth leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for a detailed and self-directed Electrical/Electronic Assembler Technician.
The Electrical/Electronic Assembler Technician will work closely both with our Production team and R&D team to produce high-quality electronic and electro-mechanical controls using hand insertion techniques and automated equipment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install electrical harness to electrical panels, fixtures, metal chassis, plastic modules, metal casings, and plastic casings
- Follow written documentation, verbal instructions, mechanical drawings, and electrical and electronic schematics
- Carry out installation and maintenance of equipment
- Record measurements and characteristics (trials, testing) and report any irregularities
- Verify the compliance of the work with generic and specific standards defined in the technical work documentation
- Hand assembly of physically small electronic components into circuit boards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis, while at the same time maintaining Arconas quality standards
- Coordinate with third-party inspectors for certifying the testing of electrical products
- Assist the R&D team with product development, prototyping, and troubleshooting of electrical designs
- Update completed jobs in the ERP system
- To be cross-trained into other duties in the Production/Warehouse environment
- All other duties, as assigned by your Supervisor
- Electrical/Electronic Technician or Technologist, an Electrical apprentice, or recent community college graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma, or a self-taught electrically inclined hobbyist
- 1 year of circuitry, electronic assembly, and soldering experience
- Must be able to perform the following: stripping wires, crimping, assembling connectors, laying cables inside narrow enclosures
- Ability to use a soldering iron safely
- Ability to read an oscilloscope
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings and blueprints
- Manual abilities, dexterity, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene and safety rules and how to use personal and environmental protection equipment
- Capacity to work as a team and under pressure and to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English is a must)
- Working in a manufacturing Plant environment
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment
- Could be exposed to varied internal temperatures within the Plant due to external weather conditions
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Standing and/or sitting for long periods of time
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your Resume and Coverletter in a PDF format.
Salary: $20.00-$21.00 per hour