Established in 1972, Arconas is a privately owned Canadian manufacturer.
We specialize in the development of seating, power and waste solutions with unparalleled quality and design for high traffic areas. Our work can be found in major airports and transportation terminals, government offices, universities, healthcare centres, and corporate offices throughout the world.
Arconas was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies and has continued to do so for five consecutive years.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Thanks to the growth of our business, we’re looking to hire an Electrical Engineer. The role is well suited to someone who likes a hands-on approach to design and product development, as well as someone with some experience in the marriage of electrical and mechanical components in real world applications. In this role you will report to the R & D Manager.
- Lead design and development of power-supply circuits
- Design, prototype, troubleshoot and verify performance according to design brief
- Create Footprints, Layouts, Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
- Create test plan and document test reports
- Source components relevant to the designed circuits
- Create BOMs
- Collaborate with certification bodies for product certification approval
- Provide support to sales and marketing related to electrical
- Keep current in Standard and Code changes
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Having or working to obtain a P.Eng. designation
- 5 years experience in designing AC/DC conversion circuits
- 5 years experience in designing USB PD circuits
- Experience in Micro Controller Programming
- Excellent working knowledge in Altium
- Knowledge in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Working experience in UL, CSA, TUV, CE and other certification bodies
- Working experience in NPFA and other local and international electrical codes
- Knowledge in EMC
- Proven technical writing skills
- Ability to manage and deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Ability to communicate effectively in small to medium groups of diverse backgrounds as well as effective communication with various levels of management
- Effective English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge of and experience with SR&ED an asset
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office, with occasional domestic and international travel.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
Working at Arconas
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you…
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
- And with hard work, there is much opportunity for growth and promotion.