Arconas is a Canadian-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high design, with unparalleled quality, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture, power, and waste solutions to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres, and universities.
We are now on a determined path of growth, leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for an experienced Finance Director.
This role is suited for a dynamic, and analytical-focused finance leader such as a Senior Controller looking for the next challenge in their career or an existing Finance Director who is looking for a change of environment, and who can effectively work in both a team and cross-functional environment. You will be joining a market leader in airport seating solutions.
The Finance Director is primarily responsible to maintain accurate financial results, including analysis reports for different business segments, and working with the Executive team to prepare budgets and strategic planning.
The Finance Director will report to the President.
We are a privately-owned company that has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies since 2012. Additionally, we are ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified.
Duties and responsibilities
- Final review and sign off on financial statements, divisional, and consolidates
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis package
- Prepare budget and forecast models
- Develop strategic plans with Executives
- Responsible for corporate insurance policies
- Responsible for State registries; sales tax, business registration, etc.
- Responsible for all government requests/audits; i.e., CRA, IRS, provincial or state
- Bank covenants and reporting
- Maintains relationships with banks and external auditors
- Responsible for the year-end review
- Provide departmental requests, as required
- Hiring, training, and mentoring of Finance and IT teams
- CPA designation
- 5 years in a senior finance role; controller – not an analysis
- Consolidation experience
- Lead an ERP implementation
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in reviewing and/or administration of contracts is an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with multiple currencies
- Working knowledge of US subsidiaries
- Strong Excel, and MS Suites packages, including Power BI
- Strong communication skills and ability to work and build relationships effectively across all business departments
- Forward-thinker, who takes initiative
- Working primarily in office, with some work-from-home flexibility, having an appropriate internet connection to work efficiently
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced growth environment
- May require working in the warehouse during inventory counts