Arconas is a Canadian-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high design, with unparalleled quality, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture, power, and waste solutions to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres, and universities.
We are now on a determined path to growth, leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for an experienced Installation and Service Supervisor.
The Installation and Service Supervisor is primarily responsible for the selection, evaluation, training, and supervision of third-party installation companies. Furthermore, the position assists in providing service and support to existing clients.
This position is ideally suited for someone with a background as a construction site supervisor, field supervisor, or construction foreman.
The Installation and Service Supervisor will report to the Manager, Projects, and Services.
We are a privately-owned company that has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies since 2012.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. This includes providing input to sales RFP and tender processes
- Establish and maintain relationships with third-party furniture installation companies and negotiate pricing and contracts with them
- Provide training to installers and customers on Arconas products and ensure quality standards are maintained
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party installers for the flawless execution of furniture seating projects.
- Ensure that third-party installers’ Health, Safety & Environmental practices, and standards align with Arconas requirements
- Ability to travel on short notice in North America and abroad to ensure quality installation of our products
- Coordinates Service Orders with Customer Service, third-party installers, and the client
- Will troubleshoot installation and service issues and perform basic root cause analysis
- Ensures strong communication with other departments, to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Assist with trade show events, as required
- Perform other duties assigned by Senior Management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training materials, including written and audio-visual formats
- Post-Secondary education related to project management, technical, mechanics, construction, or similar background
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a related role
- Project management and/or construction management experience required
- Having a PMP designation or working towards a PMP designation would be an asset
- Ability to lead a team on an installation site
- Ability to troubleshoot on-site issues
- Proficient in the use of common hand tools and test instruments
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience in organizing and managing furniture trade show setup and/or installation of products in large government/transportation facilities
- Understanding of legal framework pertaining to institutional/commercial installation contracts
- Must speak English and be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to travel within Canada, USA, and Internationally, mainly short trips (2 to 3 days) once or twice a month, based on operational needs
- Valid driver’s license
- Working primarily in office, with some work-from-home flexibility, having an appropriate internet connection to work efficiently
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced growth environment
- Occasional plant environment work; inspections, consultations, training
- Will work off-site in either the client’s and/or the third-party installer’s environment
- When working off-site, hours of work may and can be irregular
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds