Arconas is a Mississauga-based modular and transportation seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high-design, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres and universities.
We are a privately-owned company who has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies five consecutive years in a row.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer/Designer.
We are looking for someone with at least five years of experience. Mechanical design experience is an asset. This role will combine engineering and project management.
Arconas values diversity in the workplace. Visible minorities, women, and those with Indigenous and Metis ancestry are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role you will support the R&D department by providing support to Customers, Operations, Production, Marketing and Sales.
- Undertake mechanical drafting and design
- Ability to take projects from concept through to the design phase
- Responsible to look after the entire product lifecycle
- Complete drawing reviews
- Working knowledge of BIFMA and UL
- Provide R&D support to other Arconas departments
- Process ECR’s
- Complete shop and vendor support drawings
- Recording of technical data
- Ensure that all technical information is updated in a systematic process
- Complete prototype building and validation
- Managing projects as assigned
- Other tasks as required to meet our clients and operational requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s of Mechanical Engineering
- P Eng designation preferred
- 5+ years of Mechanical Engineering/Design experience
- Must have Post-Secondary education in Drafting & Design for manufacturing
- Must pose excellent SolidWorks skill
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge in GD&T
- Working experience of metals, woods, foams, plastics (as used in the furniture industry)
- Know basic mechanical principles and able to apply them for real world solutions
- Experience in working with industrial designers
- Ability to Travel Internationally
- Fluent in English
- Strong organizational and project planning skills
- People oriented with an ability to establish relationships, credibility and trust
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, Group RRSP and RRSP matching program, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Group RSP and Matching RRSP Contribution Programs.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you………
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
***The successful candidate will need to provide a Police Criminal Background Check***
Please provide your salary expectation for this position, within your application**