Arconas is the leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance furniture for airports, transportation terminals, and public spaces, in North America. Established in 1972, Arconas is a privately-owned Canadian company dedicated to enhancing public and high-traffic areas with our comprehensive suite of seating, power, waste, recycling, and counter solutions.
Our products are purposefully designed to the highest standards of durability, comfort, and safety, without compromising beautiful design. In addition to our own manufactured products, we are the exclusive distributor of top European furniture brands Auweko, Bene, Green Furniture Concept, Sellex, and USM Airportsystems. We’re always striving for ongoing innovation in our products and partnerships, so we can continue to lead the way with exceptional furniture options.
Arconas offers an invigorating workplace where design-centric minds can thrive, shaping the landscape of airport furniture with their ingenuity, passion, and creativity. As we continue to lead the way with remarkable furniture solutions, we extend an invitation to design professionals to join us on this transformative journey of innovation and design excellence.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all our employees. We believe that the diversity and unique talents of our people lead to superior quality products and service for our valued customers.
We are also a long-standing, active member of the Airports Council International, the American Association of Airport Executives, and the Airport Consultants Council. We have also been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for 10 consecutive years and have achieved Platinum Status for the last four years.
We are now on a determined path to growth leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for someone who is energetic, detailed and passionate to become our Order Processor/Office Administrator.
The Order Processor / Office Administrator’s role is to efficiently manage all aspects of order processing while ensuring the smooth operation of day-to-day office administrative tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
Customer Service/Data Entry:
- Enter and accurately update customer information (W9 & Tax Exempt), orders, and other relevant data into the company’s database or order management system
- Quote and order entry processing; resource allocation, accuracy, on-time processing, ensuring all necessary information is obtained and recorded promptly
- Distribute quotes & correspond with appropriate parties (sales management, Account Managers)
- Responsible for the online customer interaction (OLARK) discussions
- Assist customers with order inquiries and product information and resolve any issues or complaints in a friendly and professional manner
- Will develop a thorough product knowledge of all Arconas and partner product offerings
- Identify and propose process improvements to enhance efficiency, streamline workflows, and optimize order processing operations
- Prepare FedEx waybills for correspondence for non-product-related shipments
- Provide general administrative support such as maintaining filing systems (SharePoint), managing correspondence, scheduling appointments, and coordinating meetings
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the office space, setting up and cleaning the board room before and after Executive meetings, emptying the dishwasher, and restocking supplies as needed
Office Equipment Maintenance:
- Ensure proper functioning of office equipment such as printers, copiers, and fax machines. Coordinate repairs or maintenance with appropriate service providers when necessary
- Order and restock office supplies, ensuring availability for daily operations
Other related customer service tasks, as assigned by the Customer Service Manager or Executive
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional certification in office administration is a plus
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficient in using office software (e.g., MS Office Suite) and data entry systems
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle challenging situations with professionalism
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- In-office position. No availability for a hybrid work environment
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced growth environment
- Ordinary office setting physical demands, sitting, and working on a computer for extended periods
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- At times, there may be a requirement to use a step ladder
Please forward your Resume and cover letter in a PDF format.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.