Established in 1972, Arconas is a privately-owned Canadian manufacturer. We specialize in the development of seating, power, and waste solutions with unparalleled quality and design for high-traffic areas. Our work can be found in major airports and transportation terminals, government offices, universities, healthcare centres, and corporate offices throughout the world.
Arconas was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies in 2012 and has continued to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies since.
The Picker and Packer selects products from shelves and prepares items for shipping. The Picker and Packer will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in a box or container following specific instructions and arrange boxes or containers on pallets. The Picker and Packer will check for any damage to items and confirm correct items and quantities are selected.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will read the Order Sheet and Pick List correctly
- Utilizes the ERP system to identify rack location of parts
- Produces order labels and ensures that all pallets and boxes are correctly labeled
- Will take photos of packed goods, for documentation purposes
- Maintain good housekeeping duties of the warehouse, throughout the day and at the end of the shift
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Adheres to all health and safety regulations and related company policies
- Cross-trained to perform other functions such as light assembly and other material management tasks when no picker and packer duties are required
- Perform all other assigned duties by the Warehouse Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
- 1+ years experience in a similar role
- Basic computer skills and previous experience in using an ERP system will be an asset
- Excellent physical fitness with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 30 pounds
- Proficient in using hand tools
- Experience in the furniture industry is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a good command of English in reading and comprehending written and verbal instructions
- Team player with the ability to work well with others
- Reliable with a good attendance record and focus on punctuality
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment
- Could be exposed to varied internal temperatures within the Plant due to external weather conditions
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Long periods of standing, sitting and walking
The position is a Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm operation
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.