Arconas is a Mississauga-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high-design, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres and universities.
We are a privately-owned company who has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies five consecutive years in a row.
We are presently have a requirement for an experienced furniture manufacturing Plant Manager.
The Plant Manager is accountable for supervising, coordinating, providing leadership to and reviewing the work of assigned personnel. This position is responsible for implementing work methods, as well as applying department procedures in accordance with the company’s policies and standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in Production, Warehousing and distribution
- Provide leadership to all departments for overall direction of the plant by way of guidance, direction, encouragement, training and development
- Responsible to meet or exceed existing KPI’s and develop new measures, as required
- Ensure safe, efficient operation of the plant within the guidelines established by Arconas and governmental regulations
- Monitor performance and implement improvements
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity
- Manage the maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Review, implement and direct production process to accomplish production goals
- Responsibility for product quality, through the build, in-process, storage and shipping phases
- Manage, direct and maintain production facilities in a safe and responsible manner
- Participate in weekly production meetings
- Produce, record and forward production numbers to operations weekly
- Responsible for the facility management and contracting of external vendors
- Responsible for developing team skills and creating a culture of engagement and continuous improvement
- Prior experience in furniture manufacturing
- Post secondary education in either Business/Commerce or Engineering
- 5-10 years of progressive warehouse/assembly experience in a light manufacturing environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated analytical organizational skills
- Proven ability to train, coach and supervise staff
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, possess high degree of initiative and work well under pressure
- Experience in working in an ISO 9001:2015 environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suites and ERP systems
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Is open to change and embraces constructive feedback
- Working in both a Plant and Office environment
- Could be exposed to varied internal temperature within the Plant due to external weather conditions
- Fast paced environment
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Extended periods of time spent on their feet
- Production Supervisor
- Sewing Supervisor
- Warehouse Supervisor
This is a contract position working from our Mississauga head office.
Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and plant closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you……..
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.