The Senior Mechanical Engineer will support the R&D department by providing support to Customers, Operations, Production, Marketing and Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mechanical drafting and design
- Drawing reviews and checking
- Support R&D department by providing timely drawings to Customer, Operations, Production, Marketing and Sales
- Shop support drawings
- Data sheet preparation
- Vendor support drawings
- Technical information updates
- Project management
- Prototypes building & validation
- Other tasks as required to meet our clients and operational requirements
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4+ years of Mechanical Engineering/Design experience
- Must have Post-Secondary education in Drafting & Design for manufacturing
- Must pose excellent SolidWorks skill
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge in GD&T
- Basic Knowledge of metals, woods, foams, plastics (as used in the furniture industry)
- Know basic mechanical principles and able to apply them for real world solutions.
- Ability to Travel Internationally
- Fluent in English
- Strong organizational and project planning skills
- People oriented with an ability to establish relationships, credibility and trust
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Matching RRSP Contribution Program.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you………
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note, the Company will conduct a criminal background check upon hire.**