The Product Documentation Coordinator will provide and document all specifications on product material and design. Responsible to author and compile technical documents for internal and external use and obtaining necessary environmental and safety certification of product offerings.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Focus on and organize technical information into a clear and understandable format
- Create and maintain a comprehensive library of product documentation including user guides, support manuals, technical reference guides, and development standards
- Create or select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to be included in technical manuals and documentation.
- Comply with the organization’s environmental, health & safety, recycling, sustainability efforts, and quality assurance policies and standards, as well as all governing legislative requirements.
- Will prepare required illustrations, diagrams, and charts.
- Contribute to and apply the Arconas technical Style Guide
- Contribute to internal training materials
- Provide input for work on diagrams
- Ensure documentation has proper format and is grammatically correct
- May assist Marketing, Project Managers, or Product teams with writing and editing
- Evaluate the documentation needs for all Arconas products by researching, estimating, planning, and tracking documentation projects
- Be the ‘Voice of the User’ within the company
- Create / Format / Edit / Update technical content in support of product and/or process development projects
- Negotiate content changes and review with internal and external authors
- Assist with document management and document control
- Responsible to assist in product improvements, as part of the R&D team, including designing parts and assemblies, creating models, drawings, and BOM
- Willing to obtain training and qualification where needed.
- Coordinate with the vendor to determine and document material content and specifications
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering, English or Communications, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years as a technical writer
- Holding a LEED ID+C certification or willing to obtain
- Familiar with testing standards and testing bodies, like BIFMA, UL, and TUV
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written required
- Experience with SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams required
- Visual design skills to produce appealing, engaging, and detailed documents
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize work, and multi-task
- Demonstrated editing and writing skills with a proven ability to communicate complex technical data into simple language
- Experience in a related manufacturing environment that involves metal, wood, and aluminum
- Excellent project management skills
- Office environment or home office environment with an appropriate internet connection to work efficiently
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced environment
- Electrical laboratory and mechanical prototyping environment
- Sitting for long periods
- Ability to see and perform tasks on small objects
- May be required to lift 30 pounds