The Junior Buyer is responsible for the timely placement of Purchase Orders (PO’s) and delivery of materials to meet customer’s order requirements within approved guidelines. You will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creation of PO’s within the ERP system
- Maintaining the hard-copy PO purchasing filing system
- Distribution and coordination of PO’s to Suppliers
- Follow up with the Suppliers, to ensure that all PO’s have been received and accounted for
- Maintain communication with Suppliers to ensure that the materials are ready before the due date of the PO and that all necessary corrective actions are in place for outstanding orders with Suppliers that are on open PO’s
- Coordinate with the Logistics Coordinator and transportation companies for pickup of the goods from the Supplier, including any necessary paperwork and monitoring of all goods in transit
- Contact Suppliers and transportation companies in order to schedule, expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems
- Maintaining the Goods in Transit report on a regular basis with complete visibility of transit time and expected dates of arrival of good
- Maintaining weekly reports on open PO’s, Goods in Transit and maintaining the vendor base information
- Generating reports on Supplier’s performance on a monthly basis
- Communicate with Suppliers on corrective actions of Non-Compliance
- Maintaining the non-Compliance reports and ensuring that all NCR’s are acted upon by the Suppliers
- All other activities as required or assigned of the Supply Chain Management department
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, with a certificate in purchasing, logistics or supply chain management
- Three (3) years of progressive supply chain management experience, would be an asset
- Detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with c0-workers, vendors and customers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, and working experience with ERP systems
- Working in either an Office environment
- Dynamic, interactive, fast-paced growth environment
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Matching RRSP Contribution Program.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you……….
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.