Arconas is on a determined path to growth, within Canada and internationally, leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth. We are looking for an experienced Order Picker, with manual dexterity and ability to use manual tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read orders correctly and completely before picking
- Picking the correct parts, from bin locations provided from Syteline ERP software
- Ensuring all items are properly packed for shipping
- Picking parts to be shipped for « value added » work
- Labelling parts with the correct colour and shipping information
- Following all protocols for preparing orders for shipping
- Ensuring the Syteline ERP software is properly updated after picking and packing
- Ensuring the proper housekeeping of the warehouse and racking area is maintained, always
- Will be cross trained into other duties within the warehouse and production area and an understanding that duties and responsibilities can be change for short or long-term durations based on operational needs
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in furniture or related industry and asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Must have prior computer experience, comfortable working in a Microsoft Office environment and must possess an intermediate skill level in Excel
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills (English is a MUST)
- This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga plant.
- Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm.
- Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and plant closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Matching RRSP Contribution Program.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you……..
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.50 /hour