Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as part of a larger team
- Sewing a variety of materials, including but not limited to, vinyl, leather, upholstery fabric and cotton
- Sew various seating cover pieces including, but not limited to, covers, zippers, dust covers
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded daily, while at the same time maintaining Arconas quality standards
- Asses the quality of seating pieces before sewing to ensure that the seat covers are up to Arconas quality standards
Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Understands the different types of sewing machine set ups: i.e. double needle and single needle
- Knows of industrial sewing machine suppliers/part vendors. Adler/Juki
- Ability to life 30lbs max
- Familiar with fabric and vinyl suppliers
- Preferred experience in the furniture industry if possible.
- Understands pattern repetition and calculating yardage based on the repeating patterns
- Understanding of CNC cutting of fabric
- Ability to cut fabric in multi-layers for seat and back patterns.
- An understanding that fabric has a 1 way stretch and a multidirectional stretch
- 2 + years of experience in sewing in production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga plant.
- Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm.
- Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and plant closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
What we provide:
- Arconas is a privately held company, family owned and operated.
- Secure work environment with many long-term employees.
- Fairness in hiring/promotion practices and the provision of promotion opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Multicultural work environment providing a broad range of views and opinions.
- Safety policies and committees to promote a safe work environment.
- Clean and pleasant work areas.
- Open door policy to discuss any issues with management and leadership staff.
- Formal Employee Concern Process.
- Promotion of a Respectful Workplace through our Mission and Values Statement.
- Company policies and training.
- Formal performance evaluation process and performance management.
- Competitive compensation and incentive programs.
- Company-sponsored education and training programs to improve your job knowledge and job-related skills.
- Orientation programs to introduce new employees to the company.
- Employee shared group benefits.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Free parking.
- Arconas Matching RRSP Contribution Program.
- Christmas holiday shutdown.
- Regular employee functions with senior management updates.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you……..
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
Arconas welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.