Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Arconas is a Mississauga-based modular and public seating manufacturer established in 1972. Our mission is to bring high-design, to high-traffic areas that require comfortable and durable seating solutions. We supply our furniture to many of the largest airports and transportation terminals throughout the world, as well as to government offices, healthcare centres and universities. We are a privately-owned company who has earned recognition as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies five consecutive years in a row.
In this role you will support the R&D department by providing support to Customers, Operations, Production, Marketing and Sales.
- Mechanical Drafting
- Support R&D department by providing timely drawings to Customer, Operations, Production, Marketing and Sales
- Shop support drawings
- Vendor support drawings
- Technical information updates
- Prototypes building & validation
- Must have Post-Secondary education in Drafting & Design for manufacturing
- Must possess excellent SolidWorks skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge in GD&T
- Basic Knowledge of metals, woods, foams, plastics (as used in the furniture industry)
- Know basic mechanical principles and able to apply them for real world solutions.
- Ability to Travel Internationally
- Fluent in English
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Hardware Designer
Established in 1972, Arconas is a privately owned Canadian manufacturer.
We specialize in the development of seating, power and waste solutions with unparalleled quality and design for high traffic areas. Our work can be found in major airports and transportation terminals, government offices, universities, healthcare centres, and corporate offices throughout the world.
Arconas was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies in 2012 and has continued to do so for five consecutive years.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Thanks to the growth of our business, we’re looking to hire an Electrical Hardware Designer. The role is well suited to someone who likes a hands-on approach to design and product development, as well as someone with some experience in the marriage of electrical and mechanical components in real world applications. In this role you will report to the R & D Manager.
- Lead design and development of power-supply circuits
- Design, prototype, troubleshoot and verify performance according to design brief
- Create Footprints, Layouts, Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
- Create test plan and document test reports
- Source components relevant to the designed circuits
- Create BOMs
- Collaborate with certification bodies for product certification approval
- Provide support to sales and marketing related to electrical
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Filter Circuit, Logic Circuit, RF/RFID
- Experience in Micro Controller Programming & Raspberry
- Experience in PCB prototyping
- Knowledge in EMC, USB 3.1 Protocol
- Knowledge in UL, CSA, TUV certification process
- Knowledge in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Proven technical writing skills
- Ability to manage and deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Ability to communicate effectively in small to medium groups of diverse backgrounds as well as effective communication with various levels of management
- Effective English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge of and experience with SR&ED an asset
To apply please email email@example.com
Inside Sales Coordinator - Airport Solutions
If you recently graduated from a Marketing or Business course and starting your career, this position may be right for you. It offers challenge and growth, and the opportunity to embrace your passion for strategic thinking. This is a company where you can make an impact, and be recognized as a valuable team member.
The successful candidate for this newly created Inside sales position is highly self-motivated and will utilize her or his sales and customer service skills to develop new business opportunities in the airport industry throughout Canada and the USA. The Inside Sales position will focus mainly on smaller airports in North America and coordinate internal sales campaigns with existing clients, while supporting the Vice President and Sales Manager of the Airport Solutions Division on other sales initiatives.
The position reports directly to the Sales Manager, Airport Solutions and works together with the Airport Solutions and Customer Service Teams, the Installation Team, and local Arconas Sales Representatives.
- Develop and undertake internal sales campaigns that target existing Arconas customers for new sales opportunities such as new parts and accessories, maintenance services, etc.
- Receive and divert all incoming Airport sales leads (web, phone)
- Prepare quotes for and manage small product and service orders
- New sales lead research & development
- Backup preparation of product quotes as required
- Support the preparation of bid response packages, as required
- Support with Trade Show coordination, as required
- Provide back-up for Sales Manager & Vice President (when travelling)
- Two to three years’ experience in a sales role within the furniture, architectural, airport or related industry (manufacturer, furniture dealer, interior design, etc).
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Strong command of MS Office suite (particularly Word & Excel), CRM Software, ERP software
- A positive, self-motivated attitude, strong business drive, and a keen interest in building long-term customer relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Able to work in a fast paced and everchanging work environment
- Ability to travel within Canada and US, if required
- This junior position is intended to lead into a more senior sales role within 2-4 years
- Mentorship will be provided by the Airport Sales Manager & Vice President, as well as the rest of the Arconas sales management team.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you…
- We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
- We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
- Our owners and leaders are interested in new concepts; they listen to employees and encourage them to take ownership of their ideas, positions, and growth.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please go to https://www.fitzii.com/apply/23193?s=r