Human Resources Manager
Established in 1972, Arconas is a privately owned Canadian manufacturer.
We specialize in the development of seating, power and waste solutions with unparalleled quality and design for high traffic areas. Our work can be found in major airports and transportation terminals, government offices, universities, healthcare centres, and corporate offices throughout the world. Our furniture is stunning, comfortable, and durable, and we build it with a commitment to excellence, safety, and environmental stewardship.
Arconas was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies in 2012 and has continued to do so for five consecutive years. We’re on a determined path to growth – within Canada and internationally – leading to great opportunities for personal and career growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
As the Human Resource Manager you will focus on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work in the organization. The HRM deals with issues related to people such as compensation, hiring, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration, and training. HRM is a strategic and comprehensive approach to managing people and the workplace culture and environment.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all permanent corporate roles; writes and places postings and monitors career-pathing program.
- Prepares and updates detailed job descriptions.
- Manages employee onboarding and training process.
- Manages summer and co-op student programs.
Payroll & Benefits
- Prepares and issues EFT for bi-weekly payroll, tax remittances and monthly EHT & WSIB
- Prepares and submits year end T4’s and other annual reconciliations.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Prepares WSIB claims, disability claims, parental & other leaves.
Employee Law Relations
Maintains compliance with federal, provincial and local employment and benefits laws and regulations for non-union corporations governed by ESA. Implements training of these.
- Well versed in MOL and WSIB laws.
Policies and Procedures
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; creates the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Day to day HR related issues.
- Special projects as they may arise.
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our Mississauga head office.
Compensation includes a competitive base and bonus, with group benefits, RRSP matching, vacation and office closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
Working @ Arconas
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you…
We’ve been in business for 45 years and our future growth is secure.
We have a multi-cultural team and believe our diversity and unique talents lead to superior quality products and service to our valued customers.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in HR management
- CHRP or CHRL Designation or in progress
- Five to ten years of HR experience with focus on corporate recruitment, benefits and employee relations in a non-union corporation.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you. We thank all candidates who apply for the position but only those who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
Click here to apply: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/20518?s=